Donna Crook (North Ward)
I have lived in Henley since 1994, have three grown-up children and run my own crafts business locally.
I became active in the community because of the poor local bus services and I am proud of the buses that now serve the town. I hope more people will use them so that we can both sustain and extend the service.
Since it started, I have been one of the Friends of Freemans Meadows and have worked for the improvements you can now see on the park.
I was first elected to Henley Town Council in 2018 and hold the positions of
- Vice-Chair of the Recreation & Amenities Committee
- Member of Climate Emergency Group
- Member of Putting Green Working Group
- Member of Planning Committee
- Member Neighbourhood Plan Committee
You may have seen me around promoting the ‘No Idling’ campaign with Clean Air for Henley because I have a keen interest in our health and our environment.
I particularly enjoy being part of the R&A Committee because of my love for our outside spaces. I get annoyed by the mistreatment of our beautiful greenery and tackling these problems is something I have been and will continue to be involved in.
As a keen walker, I am intent on getting footpaths fixed so they are passable. Very recently I discovered a blocked drain that was causing a flood on a lane which was also impacting a popular footpath. I tried fixing it myself but it was clogged up so I have reported it to fix my street. I am also working on the nanny-goat lane footpath as it is far too muddy with poor drainage. The parks dept will put some leftover Xmas tree mulch down to fix it.
My priorities as a Councillor continue to be:
- Getting out in the community, working for the town.
- Providing and upgrading first-class recreational facilities.
- Encouraging more people to use our local bus service.
- Protecting our town from inappropriate planning.