Henley is a very successful and vibrant town but faces the same challenges as all small towns with respect to the sustainability of the High Street, traffic issues and housing for all who want to live and work here.
HRG aims to enhance the quality of life & well being of Henley residents and to strengthen our local economy and community.
We have consulted Henley residents with open meetings, an online survey and by listening to everyone we meet.
- Improve Traffic flow including the removal of traffic lights
- Create a 7.5 T weight limit to reduce HGV through-traffic
- Increase parking capacity & improve signage to long term parking
- New crossings on Greys Hill, Gravel Hill, Kings road & at Swiss farm
- Promote Henley as a place to visit, live, work & play
- Invest in creative hubs to help small businesses & start-ups
- Defend our commercial sites & local employment opportunities
- Boost support for Town Centre events to increase footfall and trade
- Insist on 40% affordable housing & create a community land bank
- Fund two PCSOs & demand increased Police visibility in Henley
- Push for more clinics (including chemotherapy) at Townlands
- Invest in our sports clubs, playgrounds & community groups
- Protect our open spaces & biodiversity via conservation efforts
- Monitor air quality & lobby SODC to fund improvements
- Encourage a town-wide reduction in single-use plastics
- Schedule three deep cleans of the streets of Henley every year