Parks and Meadows Report – 2018
At the Recreation and Amenities meeting of the Town Council on 29th May 2018, Councillors considered a report on recurring problems on the Meadows. These are an important Henley asset, and a significant attraction. They need on-going careful management, not some quick fix. HRG Councillors Hinton and Miller and Town Hall staff put in considerable time and effort, and the report had been some months in preparation. Approved actions included:
Concerning Marsh Meadows
- Add more bins along tow path in Marsh Meadows and remove the 3 large wooden bins and replace with green bins
- Add a skip style bin with lid and bin store between Mill and Marsh Meadows
- Place plaques on bins and BBQ tree stumps reminding people to clean up
- New signage at the entrance to Marsh from Mill Lane.
- A Friends of the Meadows group will be initiated
- Added suitable seating to adventure playground
Concerning the public toilets
- The public toilets will cleaned by a contractor at the end of the day enabling later opening and to be opened in the morning by parks staff – fresh and clean.
Concerning Makins Meadows:
- The adult gym was finally approved
- Fencing for the new playground was sorted
- Agreement to pay for trees as part of landscaping