Born and educated in Henley, married to Dorothy with two grown-up sons Scott and Dan. HRG’s first Mayor in 1991, Town Councillor for 17 years, Chairman of Henley Town Council’s Planning and Neighbourhood Planning Committees.
Since elected two years ago, I have been heavily involved with the Neighbourhood Plan Review and also the 353-357 Reading Road redevelopment, which will give Henley updated facilities for Henley Hockey Club and AFC Henley. The development will also produce more affordable homes.
My aims for the next four years are;
- Improve Air Quality in the town.
- Improve parking both in and outside the town centre.
- Implement the Neighbourhood Plan Review correctly, taking more notice of the town’s infrastructure.
- Allocate Affordable and Social Housing to those that live and work here.
- Secure future funding for our sports clubs.
- Employ more PCSO’s to patrol the streets.
- Reduce the number of HGV lorries in town through the day.
Two years of Conservative Town Council control up until May 2017, saw them sit back and accept cuts made by their County and District colleagues. An HRG led Council will always fight Henley’s corner.
I am standing for election because I am passionate about our town. Henley has been the ‘Jewel in the Crown’ for South Oxfordshire because of 22 years of HRG leadership. Please support all HRG candidates on 2nd May, we will not let you down.